Topic-icon What MOBA do you like?

• Nuraun
  • Nuraun's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #873

Please don't turn this into a flame thread :)
Which one: Dota, HoN or LoL (Can you really count BLC ?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #875

Never had the chance to try DotA but I like LoL alot. I think you can count BLC as one, but last time i tried it in beta it wasnt very... fluid? hard to describe.

Your thoughts on this genre?

• Nuraun
  • Nuraun's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #877

Well, i play HoN myself, and do shoutcasting for it as well, so HoN is my favorite game.

I find LoL way too slow paced, and in my opinion is vastly overrated, i don't understand how it can get so high prize pools, when it's such a casual game.
The "good" players in LoL translates into any 1700 MMR HoN player.

With all that said, i like BLC alot as well, it's very fast-paced, and has great potential :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #881

Mhmm, that being said you can translate the good HoN players into just 1500-1600 elo LoL players. A month or two backone of the top HoN players came acrosst got carried by SK gaming duo queueing with him and could only reach 1600-1700 elo. I dont think you can really compare the skill levels involved in either game especially with elo / mmr systems as they are two vastly different games. LoL is more to do with team skill and team work, whereas HoN is more individual based.

The reason why it has such high prize pools is cause its a more accessible game to people. Just because it has simpler graphics, simpler GUI and easier to play doesnt retract from the skill gap in the game itself which means it can be a great competitive game whilst still attracting the masses to help promote it to gain influence and recognition in both the competitive and public scenes.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds

© 2024 sT0n3r & Frement