Topic-icon Goin to Italy, BRB...

• Mr Pig
  • Mr Pig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #693

As anyone who has me on Facebook will have noticed after all my recent posts, I'm leaving for Itally tonight. It's a Banger Rally to Naples.

I'll be going with a friend of mine you may have seen on Vent once or twice named YnDa.

Rules of the Rally are, our car has to be more than 15 years old and cost no more than £150. You'd expect something pretty shit for that money, but i think I've got a bargain. I've had a friend working on the paint job for the past 3 weeks and it looks mental.

LoLvo Album

Hoefully you can see those pics

Yes, it's called the Lolvo :P

Plan is:
Today I finish work and we drive down to Cambridge and crash there.
Thursday we drive to Dover, hop on the ferry to Calais. Sample the local alcohol all day then meet all the other drivers and their cars that night.
Friday we drive through France and into Switzerland and finish up in a place called Sarnen.
Saturday we drive through the Alps and finish up just over the border in Aprica, Italy.
Sunday we get out of the Alps and drive down through Italy to a place called Viterbo.
Monday, the final day we go allong the west cost and finish in Naples. Judging by the stories we're likely to get shot, mugged, stabbed, ect while in Naples lol.

After that I have no clue... Thats the end of the Rally and everyone goes their seperate ways. We are planning on driving the car all the way back, but we've not even bothered looking for a route, places to stay, ect so that'll be where the fun starts.

All the Hotels (apparently) have free wifi and shit so i'll take my laptop and try and keep stuff updated as we go. I'm also mounting a video camera on the dash so i'll edit and upload all the retarded clips of me driving and stuff :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #694

You might hit these roads on the way down, but don't know if you saw the Top Gear episode of best driving roads, they're pretty close to Aprica.

www.redlineblog.com/top-gears-worlds-bes...ving-road-in-detail/

San bernardino pass can be found easily on google maps, same with stelvio pass.

Davos to Stelvio via bormio is also pretty easy, just make sure you head through livingo and bormio and enter/leave davos to/from the east.

There's many great roads round there, so even if you just take it as it comes I can't see you going wrong.

Heading back through Interlaken or even taking the 2 upto Zurich aswell would be pretty good too I should imagine, all upto you though ofc :P You can't really go wrong for good views.

Hope you have a good time.

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Devastator.

More
13 years 6 months ago #696

<strong>Devastator wrote:</strong>
I am sure he is having a blast :)

• Mr Pig
  • Mr Pig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #705

I'm in Sarnen tonight, just up the road from Interlaken. Yeah the roads round here are something special. I'll be hitting Stelvio among others tomorrow.

Only had a couple of hours in Switzerland so far but i really like it. Thinking of coming back via this way.

More
13 years 6 months ago #706

fucking epic car is fucking epic

More
13 years 6 months ago #727

Nice paint job Piggy.

Hope the car endures.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

© 2024 sT0n3r & Frement