× First Person Shooter's

Topic-icon Battlefield 3 Beta

• sT0n3r
  • sT0n3r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 6 months ago #926

Battlefield 3 beta starts today so lets get ready for some manic action :laugh: post your thoughts about the beta !!

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by sT0n3r.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sT0n3r
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 6 months ago #927

been playing for a while it feels great, better then the alpha, field of view is locked to 70 so to unlock it do this,

How to change your field of view in battlefield 3 beta

Goto your "My Documents" folder then "Battlefield 3 Open Beta" then "settings"
open the file called PROF_SAVE_body in notepad++ or an hex-editor and find the text "FieldOfView" just after you will see a number, the default is 70.000000 change that to i recommend 90.000000 or the FOV of your choice, then save and enjoy B)

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by sT0n3r.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GriGore

More
12 years 6 months ago #928

will do :) thanks

More
12 years 6 months ago #929

Do you have an early early access to Beta? :D thought the keys and such were not getting sent out till 1 o'clock today

More
12 years 6 months ago #930

It's not about what time they get sent out, its about who you know :) and it's 12

More
12 years 6 months ago #931

indeed! played last night for a bit but i got tired of rush and the map :(

More
12 years 6 months ago #932

Ahh I am not fussed, in work all day and got a football game tonight.

Was getting a bit boring playing BC2 again (start playing in the last week for the first time in a year) I just hope those horrid bugs in BC2 are not in BF3.

More
12 years 6 months ago #933

I take it that the FOV isn't like BC2? Woo!

More
12 years 6 months ago #934

Well I have played an hour or so now and apart from the infuriating falling through the map glitches this game is promising.

More
12 years 5 months ago #935

I am getting the amazing bug atm if i play on a server and then disconnect I cant connect to a new server, post on the forums for this about JOINING NOTHING, have done everything suggested in the free to no avail.

Only way I have found to fix it is to reinstall but I cant seem to find the install files that download through origin so each time I need to re-download the game ><

Not fun on a 4.5meg line.

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by def.

• sT0n3r
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 5 months ago #936

sounds like your having fun mate :( hope things work out soon for ya

• sT0n3r
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 5 months ago #937

Another small tip try holding ctrl+alt+s in game or the menus to see your fps.

More
12 years 5 months ago #938

the game has been awesome so far,

both metro and caspian border are fkn great maps.

the falling trough the ground bug is well annoying but got used to it n know how to avoid it for now.

rockets are gettin a bit on my tits tho lol, try to shoot peeps from cover and the next second a barrage of rockets come your way and thats u + cover completely gone :P

so far no issues running the game on a 6990m on maxed settings, beta seems decently optimised and it actualy feels like a pc game unlike bc2 -.-

cant wait to play this competively and with squads with peeps that actualy work with u instead of teabaggin u while being useless ;p

Noticed the game is fairly cpu intensive aswell but that could be just me

More
12 years 5 months ago #939

Apart from my whining I totally agree this game seems to tick enough boxes to be enjoyable at a competitive level, cant wait to get going myself last time I played anything competitive FPS wise was Medal of Honour Spearhead like 8 years ago :D

More
12 years 5 months ago #940

i wonder if they left the proper squad system out for the beta or this actualy the way they want it to work .. as its horrible lol i dont want to have these random pub noobs in my squad i want the ppl im on ts with to be in there:P

The following user(s) said Thank You: sT0n3r

More
12 years 5 months ago #941

Totally agree, its horrible right now, managed to get playing tonight and I had one good squad, everyone sticking together, revives were quick from the squad and extremely enjoyable.

Take it we cant change nick in game or am I too dim to find out how?

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by def.

More
12 years 5 months ago #942

think it uses your EA account name as such so u would have to look in your actual ea account.

once u actualy have your m8s in your squad the game is soo much better provided u dont spawn into stoners pp2000 :P
im realy hoping dice has some decent maps in the final game as metro is gettin a tad boring now and all the bushes are well annoying. lol when ppl camp in bush with flashlight tho :P

More
12 years 5 months ago #943

About this FOV find, it dont work for me :/
I restarted origins and battlelog etc but everytime i change fov settings to any value different than standard 70 and i try to connect to server it starts normally and when it should say initializing popup window just close. I checked that and when i switch back to 70 everything works. Anyone have fix for that?

More
12 years 5 months ago #944

Ok i found solution i edited it first in standard notepad and saved by mistake that fucked up whole settings tho and i needed to delete tahat file and make a new one after editing it in notepad ++ everything works :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #945

well after spending a fair bit of time playing the beta i can say its not a bad game but its filled with bugs and a fail hitreg system(clientside ?).

Apperently they fixed it all in the retail version already but heh a fair load of ppl will try the beta before buying the game and well the beta isnt exactly good advertisement as alot of it is broken and well they claim its fixed but heh didnt apply those fixes to the beta apart from turning off destruction or so to fix some of it.

Performance wise the game seems to have a fair bit of performance issues on systems that shouldnt have that many issues, quad core amd cpu with a decent video card on part with recommended or above still suffer from terrible fps on low settings. Hopefully these are beta issues and wont be as bad in the retail game.

Infantry side of the game, i think the current kits are wel balanced and the weapons arent too bad although it feels that submachine guns are alot more usefull then assault rifles in terms of damage and range. Could be another beta bug, but should have been noticed in the alpha already. Defibs seems to be a hazzle to get working at times. Overal the kits seem well balanced. BFBC2 with medics using machineguns was a tad fail lol.

Vehicle side of the game, well considering it was a pain in the ass just to get on caspian border servers and then fighting for control of them i didnt do too much testing but driving about with some tanks it seems allright, gunned some on a chopper aswell wich was good fun. Planes looked cool watching them dogfight, flying choppers with 2 hostile jets flying about looks like a pain in the ass tho ;p.

GFX look amazing but a tad glowly although i think thats dx11 doing that as ive noticed from a lil check of dx10 vs dx11 it seems dx 11 shots seem to have alot of extra glow. Destruction looked awesome and realy add to the the battlefield feel of things. Supose when the retail version comes out we can properly play with all of frostbites 2.0 features.

If spectator mode and battlerecorder are back in bf3 this game might actualy have a future as an esports game but even then we'll have to see what else bf3 will bring to the table regarding maps etc so far metro is allright although the first section of the map is just plain boring and too campy with all them shitty bushes n bs.

Supose the beta is more of a teaser for things to come, lets see what BF3 is realy about when its released.
Going by latest releases i stopped getting excited about games as most of em where big disapointments.

25th of oct
hurry up lolz

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

© 2024 sT0n3r & Frement