Topic-icon gfx card 5770

• 2sweed
  • 2sweed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 11 months ago #229

I had an old crappy card that I was quite happy with,, I did do the job in every game,, maybe not on max settings but good fps in every game I tested,
It was a 4670, but then I tried bc2 with it,, and It was so bad, 15to20 fps average.
So I got a 5770 thinking that that would do the trick. But It doesnt, I get around 20 to 30 fps now,, hey is better than before,, but it feels kind of laggy sometimes,

Anyway I been reading that the biggest issue is that I am using a dual core still, and should really upgrade to a quadcore. But I wonder, what will that actually give me? Does anyone have an idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #230

this is what i cant understand sweetie... i have dual core but i get between 60-110 fps depending on the map and have a 8800GTS which is poop

More
13 years 11 months ago #231

Maybe the problem is that you may have an outdated video driver. What operating system do you run?

More
13 years 11 months ago #232

I don't think you should upgrade m8. Your 5770 is almost 3 times faster than mine 8800 GT. Try to find weakest point in your rig. Dual core "no matter how old" and 5770 sounds good enough. Check your ram, if you have 2GB it can slow you down especially on Win7 or Vista. Check your HDD, low space, shattered files "no defragmentation" can slow down also. Check whole system running processes and other shit. Best is to format system partition, actually delete the system partition and make a fresh one and install new system. If on fresh system slow downs are still present it can be something with hardware, ram, hdd. What is your resolution and level of details? I was unable to play on high at 1360x768-HDres with my quad and 4BG of ram but that's the problem with my GFX its just to slow for that. If your aiming at high details with stable 60 fps probably quad and at least 4 BG of ram is needed. Cheers

More
13 years 11 months ago #238

With my 9800GTX and Dual core I could average anything from 70fps to 20fps depending on the map and ammount of action.

Upgraded to an i7 this week (keeping the same GFX card and settings and DX version) and its not dipping under 100fps at any point for me.

More
13 years 11 months ago #249

bfbc2 does do a fair bit better with quad core

ive got a intel quad running at 3.40ghz
6gb ddr II 800 geil black dragon
and 2x 5770 vapor x running in crossfire

running at 1920x1080 at 150 odd fps.

A single 5770 should do fine tho, few of me lads are using it now and seem to run bfbc2 decently at maxed settings on their 19-20" screens.

with the 10.4 alpha patch it takes about 6 secs to load a map

I do seem to hear mixed comments regarding using dual cores and quads on bfbc2 most cases the dual cores are slowing things down.

if ur still on socket 775 the quads did drop a fair bit in price and are fairly easely clocked up a bit if your on amd well their dirt cheap anyways :P

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

© 2024 sT0n3r & Frement